November 22, 2011

His Great Name The Great I Am

    The other day I went on a walk. I hadn't gotten out and walked in quite a while. I always enjoy my walks, because they give me time to meditate on things that have been on my mind. I also enjoy the chance to listen to my music without any distractions. On this particular walk, I had a great time of thinking. I listened to this song that has been on my iPod for a while- Your Great Name by Natalie Grant. Now, this is one of those songs that will blow your mind. I've had it on my iPod for close to a year now, and it still hasn't gotten old- in fact, it's one of my most played songs. All in all, I love this song. Then, when you mix it up with New Life Worship's Great I Am, sparks fly. When I listen to these two songs, I get chill bumps, I literally want to jump out of my skin, it makes me want to do something- save a life, do the "impossible", help someone in need, be closer to God, and do His will. These songs floor me to do what we've all been called to do. I feel the Holy Spirit moving when these two songs are played, but why can't I feel the Holy Spirit moving at other times- for it is moving at all times, right? My mind likes to blot out a lot of good things that happen on a day-to-day basis, because of my unapparent liking to dwell on the bad. School, especially, is a catalyst to that train of thought. But, if I took the time to think about the way the Holy Spirit had moved in my life that day, rather than what so-and-so did in such-and-such class, my life would be less stressful and my younger head less graying. These songs that I brought up earlier are in my most played playlist for a reason- they bring me back to where I'm supposed to be mentally. If I thought every day how in God's great name I can overcome anything and how's He's the Great I Am, I believe I would be able to catch the little things the Holy Spirit does in my life that are typically overlooked. So I now walk in His Great Name- The Great I Am's path, the one He has lay out for me, the one He put His time into, the one He adds small blessings in that I overlook. I want to think more positive about His Great Name- The Great I Am...

No comments: